Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Little Girl...Going to School???

Thursday, Nov 18

Oh my gosh!!! My little girl...going to school next year??? How did that happen so fast? I can't believe it.

Today we went to visit the school that we have  been very interested in the children attending. We like it even more...we will most definitely be enrolling her for next year. We are going to do it now in order to make sure we get a spot. We really feel like this is a great fit for our family. Not only is it a Christian school, in which Bible is a daily class from preschool thru 12th grade, but the school also excels in sports and academics. They believe strongly in the same discipline practices that we do and we feel that Sarah Jane & Palmer will benefit greatly from this environment. I really liked all of the teachers that I met today and they were all so warm with Sarah Jane even though she wasn't real excited to be there. I felt at ease even at a time when I was very nervous inside...just thinking of my children in the care of someone else made me want to vomit!

This is a HUGE milestone for me! I did not think that I would ever let her go to preschool...I thought that was just for mothers that wanted the days off from their kids. I thought of it as day care. After much consideration, talking to moms in my MOPS group & reading a lot, I feel differently today. I think they will love it and that it will be great for them in many ways. 
It still makes me a little sad...Keith will have to take her for the first week. I'm afraid that I would not be able to leave her if she did not want to stay!!





I'm weak!!!! 


After we got home it was hanging out with Daddy night because he hasn't been home before dark in a long time!! We ate in the bedroom and then we had potato chips for a snack, we watched TV, we did puzzles, and best of all we laughed together!! Great night!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment