Wednesday, December 1, 2010

God is So Good to Us

December 1, 2010

The Christmas Season has started out a little scary to our family this year. I took Palmer to the pediatrician on Monday for his 18 month well visit. I was shocked to hear his doctor tell me "he has abnormally rapid head growth & we need to preform an MRI soon". I thought that I was going to pass out right then. I tried to stay calm and schedule the procedure ASAP so that I didn't prolong my agony.
We went this morning to Medical City Children's Hospital- the place where Palmer lived the first month of his precious life. We arrived there at 6:00am and he went under anesthesia around 7:30am. He was fighting it like the STRONG little boy that he is and I watched them slowly suck the movement of life out of him, fearing he may never wake back up & my life may never be the same. I feared the results, I feared his safety, and I feared my abilities to cope with a less that desirable outcome. As I released my hold of Palmer's little body and returned to Keith in the waiting room, I just begged my Heavenly Father to put his arms around me and let me sit in the comfort & safety of His lap until he gave me the strength to remember that He would never leave us!! 
Once the test was over, they came and got me so that I could hold him while they took us to a recovery room. He was VERY agitated & not yet fully awake. We came home and Palmer has slept most of the day.

I just received a phone call from the Doctor's nurse and she said that the MRI is perfectly normal! His head is big because he is big!! (WOW, REALLY? Did they have to go to medical school to see that?)
Anyway, I am soooo thankful that the God's Will was for this test to come back normal for my baby boy!!! I know that if this had resulted any other way, God would have seen us through it but I am so very thankful that he saw fit for a positive result!!










Thank you God for this baby and his positive health results today!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment