Thursday, October 14, 2010

We Can Just Ask God...








October 14

It was another beautiful day outside...Sarah Jane & I went to the park while baby brother was taking his nap.

She has always loved the slides the most. She hasn't ever asked me about the static electricity in her hair or that little shock we get when I used to catch her at the end of the slides. I could always tell that she wondered what it was, but she never asked and I didn't offer to explain it. Well, today was the day and I was NOT prepared for the answer. Today, when she came down the slide she would say "it tickles" when she got shocked. Then she asked me the big question..."why does it do that Mommy?". My answer was "I don't know exactly- it just does. Isn't it funny though!?" I was hoping that the "isn't it funny" part might distract her from the real question...at least until I could ask Keith how best to answer so she could understand. She didn't think it was all that funny & then asked again "but why does it do that Mommy?". Now I knew my answer (which I use a lot)..."because God made it that way honey". She asked if it was GOD that was tickling her. Oh boy, this is getting much more difficult than I had planned. I told her that it was God tickling her because God is everywhere she is...even at the playground. She said "then we can just ask God why it tickles". She had a good point I guess...so we held hands and prayed so we could ask God why it "tickles" when we slide. I thought maybe that would be the end and we could go back to playing. However, now she looked up to heaven and asked "what did he say?". OH NO, I never thought of that!!! Now we are on an entirely NEW life lesson. MY only question was how did I get to this point from a simple "tickle"?
 Well, I told her that sometimes God doesn't answer right away (that is an understatement in my life!) and that maybe He would tell Mommy the answer soon. To this she simply said "OK...let's play hide & seek again-you count Mommy". WHEWWWW! Finally, I had found the end of the ball of yarn...at least for the moment!!!

I guess the Lord knew that my brain was tired after lunch because Sarah Jane went down for a nap right away. Palmer & I went up and down the sidewalk with his lion and all through the house!! We went out in the back yard to slide & swing and push the lion some more!!! He seems so easy now compared to the "why" stage that Sarah Jane is in.







But, they are both so much fun to be with most days. The three of us have a lot of fun & they both continue to amaze me with their abilities!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment