I have felt so terrible for the past couple of days. I mean really bad!!
The first day that I was sick (Thursday), Sarah Jane said "Mommy, I LOVE you!!". It was almost as though God was saving this beautiful music for my ears until I really needed it!! I was the MOST beautiful sound that I have EVER heard! This is what I had waited my entire life for...unconditional, pure, unpretentious love!! She didn't say it because she wanted anything or because she knew it was something that I wanted to hear. She said it because that is how her heart felt & she wanted Mommy to know. It was beautiful. Every 30 minutes or so she would stop what she was doing & she would say "Mommy, I LOVE you!". It was such a gift from God because that was what motivated me to keep going no matter how bad I felt.
Once again, my Heavenly Father knows & fulfills my needs with perfect timing...His Timing!!
It is hard for me to stop and surrender things that overwhelm me. Lately there have been so many lists...lists in my head, lists from my husband, lists on my calendar, lists on my phone, etc!! My biggest problem is perfectionism....striving for it on every level. This behavior is OVERWHELMING!! However, hearing that sweet little voice say "Mommy, I LOVE you!" reminds me that although no one is perfect...the love of a child is pretty darn close. So, knowing how much my children love me is close enough to perfect for me!!
My babies teach me soooo many lessons, and the timing is always perfect. God is showing me the answers to my prayers daily...if I will just slow down long enough to listen.
Sent from my iPad

0 comments:
Post a Comment