Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Long Day for the Big Guy!!!

First of all...I'm sending this from my iPad & I don't have spell check....

We took Palmer to the doctor today. We didn't get any new news. The doctor still does not know what is wrong with him. He sent us to have a blood test to check his white blood cell count. He then sent us to a radiology center for chest x-rays. Bless his heart...he was so miserable!! I normally would not have tried to do all of that in one day, but the doctor was hoping to get the results back yesterday. We did not get them and I am waiting on a call from the doctor's office now.

Sweet Sarah Jane had a long day too. She was worried about her brother and wanted to go in at all of the doctor visits. Because we are using the potty now, we had to use all of the public bathrooms (yuk!). Getting a toilet seat covered, a toddler on & off of it without touching anything, and hands washed & dried ...all while holding a 30 lb MAD one year old baby boy is NOT easy!! Sarah Jane didn't much care for the lab where they had to do the blood work. I really wish she hadn't seen Palmer so upset and us holding him down to draw blood. Then at the radiology center the nurse shut the door in her face, leaving her alone in the hallway. I understand that she couldn't be in the room during the radiation, but I planned on going out there with her. When they shut her out I lost it! I told the nurse to let me out there & she told me no...that it was going to take both of us to hold Palmer down for the x-rays. So, I was having to hold down my baby boy (and he was screaming and kicking) while my little girl was screaming "Mommy, Mommy" from the hall (she was scared to death)!!!! I started crying .....long day for all of us!

We all survived and are awaiting the results...
Today will be a wonderful day...I am determined to make it that way!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment